Sharks July Training
After 3 ½ long months we are finally excited to announce we have a swimming program to offer the Shark swimmers. There is still no pool in the Comox Valley open but we will be offering organized open water swims for Shark swimmers at the Comox Lake Dam Recreation Area on the Puntledge River (15min from 17th St bridge on the Comox Logging Rd just past the Fish & Game Club).
We will be running 7 sessions through the month Monday/Thursday evenings from 6:00-7:00 PM from July 6th through July 28th. Depending on interest, more sessions may be added. Cost for the sessions will be $50 or a $10/session drop in cost. These will be to pay for lifeguard and staffing costs.
A few safety notes about the event:
- A lifeguard will be on duty during the swim
- There will be a minimum of one safety person on the water for each 10 swimmers
- All swimmers must signup at least 24 hours prior to the session
- Swimmers (and spectators) will be expected to adhere to social distancing norms in and out of the water.
- Health screening will occur before each session
- Participation agreement must be returned before first session.
Swims will last up to 50 minutes long, but swimmers can choose to shorten the swim if needed. Wetsuits are recommended but not required. Swimmers will be challenged to swim as much as they are comfortable completing.
Signup will be open on the website starting Monday June 29th. There will be a signup option to sign up for the month and you can come to as many practices as you want (including any extra swims) and will be billed $50. There will also be a single session signup where you can sign up for a specific day and just be charged $10 for that session.
I am excited to see everyone again and we can enjoy some Summer swims together. Any questions please feel free to contact me. We are hoping to have an August plan as well, we are in discussions to have a pool available to us in August, so stay tuned.